Transition is the name given to a coordinated process among students, parents, school district staff, and community adult service providers. It is designed to meet the individual needs of students as they prepare for life beyond high school.The major goals of the transition process are:
- To help students and families think about life after high school and identify long-range goals.
- To design the high-school experience to ensure that students gain the skills and make the connections necessary to achieve their goals.
CESA #12's Transition Services include:
Transition Improvement Grant (TIG)
The TIG combines two long-standing discretionary grants: The Wisconsin Statewide Transition Initiative (WSTI) and the Wisconsin Post High School Outcomes Survey (WPHSOS) into one dynamic, statewide IDEA discretionary grant.
This grant is designed to strengthen and accelerate the transition process in our Wisconsin schools to improve the quality of postsecondary transition plans, increase high school graduation rates, encourage outside agency connections and develop strong career and college readiness among our students with disabilities.
The CESA 12 Transition Coordinator can provide the following for districts who purchase transition services.
- Professional Development for school district staff on transition requirements
- Baseline IEP data collection
- Student programs to build self-determination and employability skills
- Programs for parents to learn more about the transition process
- Technical support for school districts utilizing the PTP (Postsecondary Transition Planning) System.
Teachers can learn more about the Postsecondary Transition Planning System (PTP) by clicking here.
Other Links and Resources
Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
Wisconsin Technical College System
Wisconsin Post School Outcomes Survey
Transition Resources for Youth (TR4Y)
College Resources for Students with Disabilities: Support, Advocacy and Assistive Technology to Facilitate the Transition to Higher Education
For more information, please contact:
Deb Muskett, Transition Coordinator
Phone: (715) 682-2363, Ext. 149