Data Use & Reporting
DATA USE AND REPORTING
- How to Respond to Concerns About Assessment Results for 2012-13 - This handout helps explain the decline in the number of students considered to be proficient and advanced, and the raised expectations for students beginning with the 2012-13 Test Administration.
- Data Retreats with Wisconsin Knowledge and Concepts Examination (WKCE) Online Reports - This handout explains the appropriate time of year and proper procedures when conducting data retreats using Online Reports.
- Reponse to Intervention (RtI) and Assessment Data - This handout give information about the Wisconsin RTI center and the DPI webpage where the RTI using data series presentations are available.
- How assessment data informs Reponse to Intervention (RtI) - This handout explains assessment data informs all three of the RtI elements: high quality instruction, Continuous review of student progress, and collaboration.
- How Use Data for Data-Informed Instruction to Personalize Teaching & Learning - This handout explains how schools can regularly and openly review data as part of their instructional culture and that the continuous review of data leads to increased student success, deep professional learning, and more collaborative educator teams.
- Introducing Student Growth Percentiles - Presents some key ideas about growth models and their use, and introduces student growth percentiles as a model DPI will use for public and secure reports.
- Some Answers to Growth Model Questions - This handout answers some commonly asked questions regarding Growth models.
- What do WKCE scores tell me about a student? - This handout explains WKCE scores and their uses.
- How to Respond to Questions about Assessment Results - This handout useful when trying to explain results to parents.
- WKCE Proctor Guidelines - This handout describes the role and responsibilities of the Proctor.
- How do I decide which assessment to give a student? - This handout explains how educators should make the decision to either give a student the WKCE or the WAA-SwD.
- Test Preparation Guidelines for the WKCE - This handout provides suggestions for districts, teachers, and parents, to help their students prepare for the WKCE.
- What is an Accommodation vs. a Modification? - This handout was created to clarify for staff and parents the difference between an accommodation and a modification and what is allowable for use on the WKCE.
- Phonological Awareness Literacy Screener (PALS) - Brief overview of the kindergarten screener "PALS"
- Computer Adaptive Testing - This handout explains what computer adaptive testing means.
- Using Formative Assessment in Instruction - This handout explains What a formative assessment is and how to use formative assessments in instruction.
- The Process of Developing a State Assessment - This handout explains the process (in a diagram with a link to more information) of developing a state assessment.
- WKCE Items - Development and Scoring Process - This handout explains each step in the life of an item from development through scoring.
- Balanced Assessment System - This handout explains What a balanced assessment system is and gives examples of the use of assessments in the system.
- Understanding Constructed Response Items on the WKCE - This handout explains how the "long-answer" handwritten items are scored and provides suggestions on helping students be successful with this type of test item.